We Wrote the Constitution
– not “a bunch of old dead guys” –
new musical theatre work, revised version since the 2011 premiere
Please CONTACT us, with your organization name and preferred performance dates, to request PERUSAL or LICENSED MATERIALS and contract (see below). Licensing: negotiable. Click here for access to perusal materials.
Licensing requirements, briefly:
- Licensing is the only fee: digital delivery of materials, no rental, no purchase, no added fee, etc.
- a 45-mile radius bubble is secured, barring other production performances of 1787 for a period beginning a week prior and continuing until a week after
- use orchestra as designed; recorded music is an option
- logo, title as published, authors’ by line, and updated scenes list (script appendix 4) must appear in printed program
- title 1787 the Musical included in all promotions and marketing, regardless of media format; title and logo must appear prominently in all visual media promotional materials
- authorship “by” line by Lucinda Lawrence and Robert Picklesimer included in all promotions and marketing except as otherwise negotiated
- every attempt should be made to adhere to the script and lyrics because they often represent the actual words of the Founding Fathers; there is usual and customary allowance for some octave displacement of a soloist’s sung music phrases, for instance, to make a superior audience experience
- written permission needed for webcasts, live broadcasts and re-broadcasts except for performance promotions and rehearsal purposes
- no refund nor added license fee if scheduled performance is cancelled for any reason, but re-scheduling is an option depending upon other productions under contract
- no recordings allowed except for rehearsal process/use, promotions, cast and staff portfolios, or by written permission of the authors
MATERIALS LIST Licensing is the only fee. Delivery of licensed performance materials is made online for scripts and scores. The licensed organization is responsible for printing from PDFs.
Here is a SAMPLE LICENSE AGREEMENT, with edits indicated, as adapted from a form of the American Association of Community Theatre 5/11/2014.
:1787 THE MUSICAL